Studio Assistant Internship
Waltzing Matilda USA seeks a determined undergraduate or graduate student to join our continuously growing team in Wayne, PA. The Studio Assistant intern will assist with product packaging, shipping, post-production, and inventory management, as well as photo shoots and in-person sales. He or she will gain hands-on experience with the logistics of running a USA-made design and sales company while learning about the fields of design, production, wholesale/retail, and more.
- Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail
- Creative and crafty
- Team player with willingness to pitch-in wherever needed
- Quick learner and terrific problem solver
- Proficiency in, or ability to become proficient in Shopify, Waltzing Matilda USA’s e-commerce platform
- Passion for design, branding and handcrafted products
- Assist Production and Operations Associates with packaging and shipping customer orders
- Help unpack product shipments from WM USA’s micro-factories; help count, organize, quality check and store inventory at PA office
- Support the Sales Team with inventory management
- Make sure our products are packaged properly and beautifully for when they reach their final customer
- Attend PA-area pop-up events (as needed) to help set up and sell Waltzing Matilda USA merchandise
- Become familiar with Square mobile processing applications and assist Sales Team with in-person sales
- Help sell to retail customers at WM USA’s main location. Understand the uniqueness, construction and design elements of each product to help boost sales
- Attend and help out with photo shoots
- Assist design team with sourcing and pickups/drop-offs as needed
- Construct special projects as assigned
Availability: September 2016-May 2017. 10 (or more) hours per week. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with: (a) name of specific internship in the subject line, (b) your resume, (c) a thoughtful cover letter, and (d) your hours/days of availability. Your name, the date, and the position must be in the title of your attached documents. No phone calls please.
Please note that this is an unpaid position (with transportation stipend). School credit can be arranged upon request.